1. The word ‘bible’ is a Greek word which means ‘the books’.
2. The Bible was written roughly between 1200 and 100 AD.
3. There are 66 books in Protestants Christians bible.
4. Ethiopian Orthodox Christians recognize 81 books in the Bible.
5. Greek Orthodox Bible has 75 books in bible.
6. Most part of old Testament was written in Hebrew.
7. The New Testament is written in Greek.
8. The complete bible is translated in around 670 different languages.
9. Bible is most famous and most published book in the world.
10. The New Testament is translated into 1521 languages.
11. Every year approximately 100 million copies of bible are sold.
12. Oldest man in the bible is Methuselah, he lived for 969 years.
13. The Bible has more than single author, it was written by kings, fisherman, prophets, shepherds, poets, farmers, musicians, doctors and many others.
14. The Bible has different types of documents like poetry, legal documents, songs, letters, eyewitness accounts, people stories, historical documents and advice material.
15. Most Catholics recognize 73 books in bible.
16. According to the stories in bible, Satan killed only 10 people but God killed more than 2,400,000 people.
17. To read the entire Bible, it takes 49 hours, i.e. slightly more than 2 days.
18. Goliath was the tallest man in the Bible; he was 9 and half feet tall.
19. The first English translation of Bible was made in 1382 A.D., by John Wycliffe.
20. The shortest book in the New Testament is 2 John with 13 verses.
21. The longest book in the New Testament is Acts. It has 28 chapters.
22. Women, old people are the most maximum readers of bible.
23. The Bible contains around 774,000 words.
24. Noah built the ark to protect family and animals to survive the flood, and he was 600 years old when he made ark.
25. According to Bible Jesus lived on the earth for forty days after his supernatural resurrection.
26. The longest Chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119.
27. The shortest Chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117.
28. The bible is the most shoplifted book.
29. The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
30. There are total 1189 numbers of Chapters in the Bible.
31. There are two men in the Bible who, were taken up to heaven by God, without dying. They are Elijah and Enoch,
32. There is description in Bible that after Crucifixion of Jesus, many saints rose from dead and were seen by people.
33. China is world’s largest producer of Bibles.
34. The words: “Do not be afraid” appear 365 times in the Bible.
35. Total number of Chapters in the Old testament is929.
36. There are 260 Chapters in the New testament.
37. The word “Christian” appears only 3 times in the Bible.
38. “Mahershalalhashbaz” is the longest word in the Bible.
39. “Amen” is the last word in the Bible.
40. Bible has 100 positive statements about the right hand.
41. There are no original texts of bible.
42. The Old Testament was written in 1000 of years but New Testament was written in period of 50-75 years.
43. There are many songs lyrics that are inspired by Bible.
44. As bible is offered for free in hotels and worship places it is the most commonly stolen book in the world.
45. After the death of Bob Marley, he was buried with his guitar, a Bible and stalk of marijuana.
46. There is no phrase in Bible like ‘God never gives you more than you can handle’ but opposite is said in the bible.
47. Solomon was the wisest man in the Bible.
48. Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t celebrate holidays and birthdays.
49. Swearing on the Bible is forbidden by the Bible.
50. 7, 12 and 40 are the numbers the bible repeatedly repeats.
51. The most highlighted or read kindle books are The Bible, Steve Jobs’ bio and the Hunger Games.
52. Having Bibles, watching South Korean movies and distributing pornography in North Korea may be punished with death.
53. Dominican Republic flag has the bible on it.
54. In Bible there is no physical description of Jesus.
55. In 1631, two London Bible printers accidentally left the word “not” out of the seventh commandment, which then read, “Thou shalt commit adultery.”
56. In the bible the number ‘666’ is a sign of beast.
57. There are plenty of puns, funny names, humorous imagery, sarcasm and irony in Bible.
58. In the bible there is no mention of three wise men, just three gifts.
59. Bible states that the Earth is free floating in the space.
60. In the Bible, god send 2 bears to murder 42 children because they had mocked the bald man.
61. The Old Testament has more than 60 passages; Christians believe its prophecies of Jesus.
62. There is mention of unicorns in Bible.
63. In Bible the greatest warrior was Gideon, he defeated 135,000 Midianites with the help of God.
64. According to Bible, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
65. There is description in Bible that earth is round.
66. There are around 2,500 prophecies in Bible.
67. “Jesus wept” is the shortest verse in the bible.
68. There are total 31,173 Verses in the Bible.
69. Most scholars believe that Jesus never viewed himself as creating a new religion per se, just reforming Judaism.
70. Jesus had several sisters and brothers, names of sisters are not named in the Bible.