There are few things that are more exhilarating than riding a mountain bike in the summertime. If you are looking to shop, be warned that there are things to avoid while buying a mountain bike. The good news is that buying that new bike does not have to be stressful. In fact, purchasing a new mountain bike be an enjoyable endeavor if the proper research is done ahead of time.
1. When looking to purchase, it is important to know where to buy mountain bikes. As importantly, it is essential to try a variety of different brands of mountain bikes. According Psychological studies people fear an outcome that is foreign or unknown more than the possibility of a bad one. This often alters our decision making and limits our choices immensely. However, just because you are used to riding a Yeti mountain bike does not mean that you would not enjoy the feel of a Santa Cruz. Being able to step out of your comfort zone will ensure that you end up with the best bike possible.
2. Do not look at the bikes in a store and then hunt for a lower price online somewhere else. It is important to test the bike in the store, if possible. This allows you to see if the bike will be a good fit for you. If you shop online for your new mountain bike and then discover there is an issue with it, do not expect those from your local bike store to be of aid. According to Adam Rodkey, a manager at Bikesmiths in Bloomington, Indiana. “If I’m giving you my expertise to make someone else money, well, that’s just bad business.”
3. Do not be hesitant to ask the sales representative questions about the bike. With the internet today, it is easy to assume you know a good bit about the bike you want to purchase. However, asking questions at the store may lead you to the information you may have previously overlooked. Additionally, be sure to inquire about any discounts the store may have on its bikes or bike accessories. This can help you save money in the end on the price of a mountain bike.
4. It is easy when shopping on a budget to forget about the accessories needed for the bike. Be sure to purchase accessories such as a helmet, protective gear, comfortable and appropriate clothing to be worn when riding, bike lights, and a CO2 pump. These items are often overlooked but are must-haves to ensure the best experience with your new cycle.
5. The best time buy mountain bike is dependent on what type of mountain bike you are looking for. The price of a mountain bike may vary depending on the season. For instance, new bikes are often most affordable after the riding season towards the end of fall. When it comes to used bikes, the best time buy mountain bike really does not exist. Used bikes can be found at affordable prices all year round.
Additionally, it is recommended that you try to avoid buying used bikes that have not been certifiably refurbished. Used bikes do not come with warranties and have a higher chance of having unforeseen issues by the previous owner. However, knowing where to buy mountain bikes and the best time to buy mountain bike will help save money later.
Riding a mountain bike can be an enjoyable experience. When looking for a bike, knowing the things to avoid while buying a mountain bike is the first step in making sure you do not waste your money. Putting in the leg-work and doing research before making the purchase can save a lot of headaches and frustration later.